Staying Safe, Informed, and Caring for Each Other (Coronavirus)
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
For good reason, there is a lot of concern, and for many a great deal of fear, in regards to COVID-19/Coronavirus. As we said yesterday in church, we will not succumb to fear, but we WILL act smartly and use precautions.
We live in NYC, and that means most of us are required to use public transportation, we have children in school, we are going to work - we are in constant contact with other people. Just living our regular day to day lives right now can bring on a lot of fear - and it is hard in the midst of so much fear - it takes a toll on us. We want to urge you to be in touch with us if you find yourself overwhelmed by fear and anxiety, we are here for you for pastoral counseling, even if it is not in person.
We want to encourage everyone to remember that we have each other - and that this is one of the great moments for technology - that we can check in with each other and support each other in a variety of ways. It is a moment for us as Christians to be good neighbors and check in on people who we know are already isolated and maybe feeling more so now. Don't hesitate to be in touch with others via phone, FaceTime, Skype.
The precautions we are taking at Holy Apostles:
- As of March 8, 2020, communion will be distributed in one kind only - that is the bread, no longer distributed at the communion rail, but standing up.
- The pews will be wiped down weekly using disinfectant wipes, immediately following the service.
- We will no longer hold hands during the Lord's Prayer, shake hands or hug during the peace.
The precautions we are asking you to take:
- If you are feeling ill, have a fever or a cough, please stay home.
- If you have traveled to an infected area, or have come in contact with people who are under quarantine, please consult health officials.
- Wash your hands regularly, do not touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth) & use hand sanitizer.
Communication during this time is incredibly important. We will continue to be in touch with you all, check in and keep you up to date with what we are doing.